Friday, May 1, 2009

GSoC, I'm back!

After a long (2-week) anxious wait, I got accepted by GenMAPP as a GSoC student again this year. My project is to develop ID mapping plugin for Cytoscape. Dr. David States is my mentor for this project.

During the last summer, I developed the Advanced Network Merge plugin (mentored by Kei Ono). ID mapping based network merge was one of the features of that plugin. As a result, some preliminary work has been done in ANM. For instance, the ID mapping APIs have been designed, the file-based ID mapping has been implemented, and the ID mapping GUI has been designed.

In the following summer, I will work closely with my mentor Dr. States and the BridgeDb team. Our project aim is to provide the community with a set of ID mapping APIs and a ID mapping plugin for Cytoscape, using different ID mapping sources such as local/remote files, databases and web services. 

More project progress will be blogged here...

No comments:

Post a Comment